Friday, June 7, 2013

Thoughts on Inherent Vice News

I contributed a modest piece on the casting news surrounding Anderson's next film, Inherent Vice, which started shooting last month, over at Antenna. I mainly focus on questions of ensemble and adaptation in relation to his earlier work (primarily, Magnolia). I guess this is technically my first publication on the director, since the book won't appear in print until the end of the year, and I never published any articles on the topic in advance. I'm going to try to stay on top of the news regarding this film and follow it all the way to its debut sometime next year. I've made peace with being identified with this subject as a part of my scholarly identity in a way that I was never quite comfortable with the Kubrick book.

Also, look for a piece on Pixar and nostalgia over there around the time Monsters University (2013) opens in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to write up something on that which will tie into the current project (about which I'm hoping to have good news in the coming weeks).

No comments: